Saturday, June 15, 2013

Acceptance: The New Quarterly

I was overjoyed yesterday to receive an acceptance letter from The New Quarterly for my short story "The Man Room." TNQ, it goes without saying, is one of the most prestigious literary journals in North America and I am ecstatic that they have accepted a piece of fiction from me. "The Man Room" is part of the unpublished short story collection manuscript that I have now started peddling around, so this acceptance (along with the one I received a couple of weeks ago from The Antigonish Review) is another bit of validation that I'm (hopefully) on the right track with this book.

The exact issue in which the story will run still needs to be confirmed--it will either be in the autumn or the winter edition--but I'll keep you all posted when I learn more.

M.

No comments:

Post a Comment