Friday, November 12, 2010

Sharing my good mood around

I'm still sort of floating around on Cloud Nine since yesterday's big accomplishment. It's a rare occasion for me to have a mood stay this positive for this long, so I've been looking for ways to keep the good feelings rolling. And I figure since it's Friday afternoon and you're all probably somewhere running out the clock and waiting for the weekend to start anyway, I thought I'd share a few things that are funny, uplifting or otherwise full of mood-altering awesomeness.

If you've got a free hour, I strongly recommend you do yourself a favour and listen to this interview with the late Irish memoirist and novelist Nuala O'Faolain. I swear, this is the most enriching and entertaining thing I've ever found online. O'Faolain is deadpan and hilarious as well as deeply emotional and brutally honest about growing up a woman in Ireland. This interview is the equivalent of comfort food for me: I've listened to it several times since it first aired on CBC last year, and it always lifts my spirits.

If reading is more your thing, then you may want to check out this article in Slate that puts a positive spin on the Democrats' big losses in the US mid term elections earlier this month. I walked away from this article feeling enriched and a bit more confident in the way the world is going. Hopefully you'll feel the same way.

Or maybe you just want to listen to an awesome catchy song, a blast from the Southern Ontario past that will get your heart racing and your positive vibes vibrating. If so, allow me to present this:




My mood is so good in fact, that I'm even willing to be hospitable to Baby Boomers. Here's another video, this time from that generation's more affable embassadors. If you aren't uplifted by this, then there's a very good chance that your parents did not have any children who lived:



Have a great weekend, everybody!

MS

No comments:

Post a Comment